WANTED! 4-6 people who want to lose an inch and gain more energy before Christmas.
Jacqui Carrel here; I want to trial out a programme I’ll be rolling out next year; successes are already there, but I’ve always seen people on a one-to-one basis… I’d like to introduce this particular Better in Less Than a Month (BILTAM) system where I am coaching several people at a time via email.
Starts: Wednesday 18 November for three weeks, with an optional fourth week.
Cost: Your commitment, honest feedback and a testimonial. As this is a trial, there’s no money cost to you.
Who’s BILTAM for?
Do consider this if
- Your waist band is getting too tight and you want to reverse that
- You want to drop a size before Christmas
- You want to find a way of eating that’s easy to stick to
- You have aching joints
- You’re tired more than you should be
- You have dieted unsuccessfully in the past
- You can commit to 21-28 days (hint, this is not about deprivation!)
Who BILTAM is not for
This isn’t for you (this time) if you:
- Have three or more social commitments over the next two weeks
- Are currently taking prescribed medication (because of the timing)
- Don’t eat meat or fish (though there will be a vege/vegan version soon)
- Have an aversion to using emails
- Can’t ‘pinch an inch’ (I cover other nutritional/health/energy issues, just not in this programme)
- Are under 18 (I work with children and teenagers, just not in this programme)
What will happen?
- Please fill in this brief online questionnaire (which will, of course, remain confidential) before we start; if you want a paper version, ask now! The survey is on this site here, or here on the Survey Monkey site: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KR3YJ5Z.
- If accepted onto the programme, you’ll be emailed an overview
- Each day, you’ll receive a further email giving further guidance information and encouragement
- I’d like you to check in daily or every other day (but daily is best) with your progress; you can email any other time as well
- At the end (or any time during the BILTAM period), I’d like some feedback on the materials sent, what else you would like to see, if you would like group meetings, a Facebook page, etc.
- I’ll also ask you to write a testimonial which may be shown on my website and in promotional materials – if you don’t want your name appearing, that’s fine.
Q: You say this is ‘a trial’ – is there any risk?
A: No. I only call it a trial because it’s a new way of doing the programme – the nutrition methods in the trial are all tested and backed up with science!
Q: Why are you starting this Wednesday?
A: Two reasons: 1. We’re coming up to the festive season – you feeling and looking better will be a plus. 2. Any later and you’ll be into the party season, which is never a good time to start something! (However, with what you learn, you’ll be able to get through the Christmas grub and drinks dilemmas with aplomb.)
Q: Why start on a Wednesday and not a Monday?
A: There are two main reasons in this instance: 1. Mondays are associated with starting another diet (and very often, associated with the failure of previous attempts); 2. There’s a treat in store on the second weekend… so I don’t want that falling midweek.
Q: Why only six people maximum?
A: Due to other commitments, this is all I can take on board and I want you to have the attention you need.
Q: Why do I need to email you daily?
A: Study after study shows you’re much more likely to keep on track if you are ‘accountable’ to someone – on this instance, it will be me. If you are away from your emails, you can text me instead.
Q: Will this involve calorie counting?
A: No. As to why, you’ll find out in BILTAM.
Q: Is this a crash diet?
A: Nonononononono! No.
Q: Do I have to give up alcohol?
A: No 🙂 But I won’t be telling you to quaff every evening either!
Q: Is this for women only?
A: No, men are welcome too.
Q: Will I need to exercise?
A: Some walking each day is highly recommended; after the BILTAM has finished, it’s up to you – though you will probably find you spontaneously want to do more. You’ll get all the details.
Q: Can you guarantee I’ll lose weight?
A: No – there can be all sorts of confounding variables, including you not following BILTAM! On the other hand there is a very, very good chance you will lose some fat (including around your middle) and, even if the scales don’t change there, is a good chance your body shape will start changing and you’ll start feeling more energetic. Each person is very different and will see different results.
Q: I didn’t get into the first six – can I do this another time?
A: Yes, I will be rolling the programme out in the New Year.
Q: How strict is this?
A: That depends on your current diet and what you define as strict! However, there are two options: a faster track and a slower ‘break yourself in gently’ version; you can reckon to lose weight and gain energy more slowly on the latter, but it’s still effective.
Q: Is this all via email? Can I call you?
A: Call if it’s urgent, but otherwise this will be email based.
Q: Will you have a Facebook page for people following this programme?
A: If enough people want one, yes – and it will be private; we’ll see how it goes.
Q: I don’t want to do this but I think my friend/family member will – can I send this information on?
A: Yes, be my guest.
Q: You say this is all by email. As we’re local, will we meet up as a group?
A: If the demand is there, yes.
Q: I thought you wrote books and built websites. Will you carry on doing these?
A: I’ll always be writing books and will let you know when the next one is out. I’m winding down my website business by about 90% but will always take on interesting projects – seewww.cinnamonedge.co.uk.